maryL in Canada's Note:
This casserole takes time to make but, if you brown your chicken the night before and even make your white sauce ahead of time it's just a matter of putting it together. Let's just say this recipe is not for someone who is trying to lose weight. I'm always on a diet but I still had some and it was a treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 package spaghetti noodles
- 3 cups white sauce (I make mine in the microwave)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup green pepper, diced very small
- 1 cup red pepper, diced very small
- 1 cup onion, diced very small
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chives (optional)
- 1Boil spaghetti til al dente.
- 2Drain and rinse under cold water.
- 3Brown chicken cubes in oil or margarine.
- 4Make white sauce and add parmesan cheese when thickened.
- 5Mix spagetti, chicken and white sauce in a lasagne or a large rectangle casserole dish.
- 6Saute veggies and mix them with the spaghetti mixture.
- 7Sprinkle mozzarella chees on top then the chives.
- 8Bake covered at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for NOT weight watchers chicken
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.0
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 135.0 mg
- Sodium 913.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 52.6 g