Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs 30 mins
This is so yummy and filling! One or two will fill you up. Start in a crock pot in the morning and finish in the evening.
- 2 lbs beef (any roast will do)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes
- 12 taco size flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced olives
- 1 3⁄4 ounces hot taco seasoning (optional)
- Add to crock pot roast, canned tomatoes and enough water to cover roast.
- You may add salt and pepper, or for a spicier enchilada add a packet of hot taco seasoning.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove beef from the broth and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- With 2 forks moving in opposite directions, "pull" apart beef into shredded beef.
- Roll generous portions of beef into each tortilla and lay side by side in a casserole dish.
- Pour leftover broth and tomatoes from the crock pot over the entire dish.
- Cover with grated cheese.
- Add olives over cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes until cheese is well melted.
- Optional to serve with sour cream and sliced green onion on top.
This was a huge hit at my house! Thanks for sharing.
was good..used hot taco seasoning. it was a little watery so I transfered them from the casserole dish to a baking pan to crisp up a bit but they were really good!