"Potato chips, Cheddar, and mozzarella add flavor and texture to this rich chicken casserole." From: Aussie Cooking
- 2 chicken breast halves (cooked skinless, boneless , cubed)
- 55 g mushrooms, sliced
- 15 mil butter, more if needed
- 235 ml mayonnaise
- 230 g sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 315 g cooked white rice
- 225 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 225 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 120 g crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Saute the mushrooms with the butter, remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- In a large casserole dish, mix the chicken, mushrooms, mayonnaise, sour cream, condensed cream of chicken soup, rice, and mozzarella cheese. Layer with Cheddar cheese, and top with potato chips.
- Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and golden brown.
- TIP: The mayo can be replaced with an equal amount of sour cream if so desired.
Creamy and delicious. Pure comfort food. I love casseroles like this. Thanks Anna for a great dinner. Made for ZWT8.
What a great meal Anna. It was rich, cheesy, filling and full of flavor. This casserole had great textures, smooth sauce, crisp chips and tender chicken. It really was a very comforting dish. My dh was in heaven. He loved everything about it. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for the Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - Australia