1/2 Photos of Norwegian Hazelnut Cake
This cake is easy to make and boasts a rich, sweet flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Lightly grease the bottom of one 10 inch springform pan.
- 3Reserve 8 whole nuts for garnish.
- 4Pulse the remaining nuts in a food processor until ground, and reserve 1 tablespoon of ground nuts for garnish.
- 5Melt margarine or butter in a small saucepan over low heat, cool.
- 6In a large bowl beat eggs, sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until thick and lemon colored (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- 7Add flour, baking powder, salt, and ground nuts, mix well.
- 8Continue to beat mixture while slowly adding the cooled melted butter or margarine until blended (mixture will be thick).
- 9Spread batter into prepared pan.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees F.
- 11for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 12Cool in pan for 15 minutes then remove sides of pan.
- 13Remove pan bottom and invert onto a serving plate.
- 14Cover with a cloth towel and cool for another 30 minutes before glazing.
- 15To Make Glaze: In a medium saucepan bring whipping cream just to a boil, take off heat and stir in the semi-sweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate) until melted and smooth.
- 16Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 17Spread glaze over top of cooled cake, allowing it to run down the sides.
- 18Sprinkle reserved ground nuts around top edge and arrange whole nuts over ground nuts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Hazelnut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.9
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 60.3 mg
- Sodium 150.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g