Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This cake is easy to make and boasts a rich, sweet flavor!
- 3⁄4 cup hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease the bottom of one 10 inch springform pan.
- Reserve 8 whole nuts for garnish.
- Pulse the remaining nuts in a food processor until ground, and reserve 1 tablespoon of ground nuts for garnish.
- Melt margarine or butter in a small saucepan over low heat, cool.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until thick and lemon colored (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and ground nuts, mix well.
- Continue to beat mixture while slowly adding the cooled melted butter or margarine until blended (mixture will be thick).
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes then remove sides of pan.
- Remove pan bottom and invert onto a serving plate.
- Cover with a cloth towel and cool for another 30 minutes before glazing.
- To Make Glaze: In a medium saucepan bring whipping cream just to a boil, take off heat and stir in the semi-sweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate) until melted and smooth.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Spread glaze over top of cooled cake, allowing it to run down the sides.
- Sprinkle reserved ground nuts around top edge and arrange whole nuts over ground nuts.
Very dry cake, almost like a biscotti but not what I was looking for, not sure how to improve recipe
Very nice recipe and it looks so pretty..love that it's just a little 'different' to other cakes. Easy to make. Thanks for sharing.
Impressive taste and presentation, yet very easy to prepare. High marks all around. Thanks for posting !