Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Copied from a library cookbook. A nice soup in the crock pot for those watching fat and sodium.
Make and share this Northern Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb dry northern white beans
- 1 lb reduced-sodium ham
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 ounces green chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 quart water
- Wash beans.
- Cover with water and soak overnight.
- Pour into slow cooker.
- Dice ham into 1-inch pieces.
- Add to beans.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook on HIGH 2 hours, then on LOW 10-12 hours, or until beans are tender.