1/3 Photos of North Woods Bean Soup
Easy and delicious kielbasa and bean soup from my favorite magazine Cooking Light. Serve it with crusty bread or garlic toast for satisfying meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup baby carrots, halved
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 ounces turkey kielbasa, halved lenghtwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15 7/8 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6 ounce) bag fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1Heat a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- 2Add carrots, onion, garlic, and kielbasa and saute 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes.
- 4Add broth, seasoning and beans.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 6Place two cups of soup in a blender, process until smooth.
- 7Return the pureed mixture to pan and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- 8Remove soup from heat.
- 9Add the spinach, stirring until spinach wilts.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for North Woods Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.2
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.4 mg
- Sodium 579.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning