Recipe by *Asha*
Easy and delicious kielbasa and bean soup from my favorite magazine Cooking Light. Serve it with crusty bread or garlic toast for satisfying meal.
Top Review by NcMysteryShopper
Great Soup! We had it in bread bowls for dinner and it was filling and delicious! I did add a small amount of whipping cream to the pureed mixture, but i don't think it needed it. This soup is delightful and full flavor! It ended up simmering for about 40 minutes....and was so good!!!! Thanks Asha for an awesome dinner!
- 1 cup baby carrots, halved
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 ounces turkey kielbasa, halved lenghtwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15 7/8 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6 ounce) bagfresh baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, onion, garlic, and kielbasa and saute 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes.
- Add broth, seasoning and beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Place two cups of soup in a blender, process until smooth.
- Return the pureed mixture to pan and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat.
- Add the spinach, stirring until spinach wilts.