Broccoli Cheddar Soup
photo by Parsley
- Ready In:
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter and sauté onion, seasoned salt, and garlic powder with parsley until onion is tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in chicken broth and beer.
- Return to a boil.
- Add broccoli; reduce heat and add Cheddar cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a great recipe that my husband makes often for the firehouse (they just sub more chicken broth for the beer). We use 1/2 a small yellow or sweet vidalia. The first time I added my broccoli when it was still partially frozen, so I had to cook it a bit longer and this made it very thick - now I am sure to fully thaw or cook it. We like to serve it with fresh sourdough mmmmm.