- 2 lbs firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sage
- 2 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup spinach, chopped fine
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a blender to make bread crumbs.
- Steam spinach until soft.
- Drain tofu by pressing with a plate and then mash.
- Saute onion and celery in oil.
- Mix all ingredients and place in a loaf pan coated with pam.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- For the Italian Sauce, bring all ingredients to a boil at medium heat, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve sauce over Tofu Roast.