Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Redding's North State Plate's Recipe page submitted by Linda McConnell
- 2 lbs firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sage
- 2 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup spinach, chopped fine
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Use a blender to make bread crumbs.
- Steam spinach until soft.
- Drain tofu by pressing with a plate and then mash.
- Saute onion and celery in oil.
- Mix all ingredients and place in a loaf pan coated with pam.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- For the Italian Sauce, bring all ingredients to a boil at medium heat, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve sauce over Tofu Roast.
Not very good. Not much flavor.
Tasty and substantial! The flavour reminds me of stuffing, or maybe also of turkey. Leftovers are good cold with a bit of mayo. I think it could maybe use some shredded vegetables (carrots or maybe finely chopped beans) in the mix as well, but I'm not sure. Will experiment next time, though this way is good. Thanks for sharing!
Wonderfully light texture. Delicious