Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick tasty main meal, lunch or side.
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, seeded & coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, thinly sliced & chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup canned corn, drained
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or fresh lemon juice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb bow tie pasta, cooked & drained
- In a large serving bowl, combine tomatoes through salt.
- Add freshly cooked, drained hot pasta to sauce bowl, stirring to coat.
I LOVE this dish. I added roasted pine nuts and served it with honey baked chicken. My-Oh-My...what a terrific lunch. Simple, elegant, and perfect for 90 degree weather. Thanks for sharing.
This is so good!!!! Others are probably right about it being a good summer dish, but it also works at -40 degrees. (I'm WAY North of the Border) Adding the pine nuts was a brilliant idea. I was concerned about it turning out lukewarm, so mixed the ingredients in a stainless steel bowl and warmed that in the oven while the pasta was cooking. Excellent recipe.
Very light, refreshing,simple summery pasta dish. We had it as our main course for dinner but I think it would be a great pasta salad for a potluck, picnic, Barbeque or any other gathering. Not a lot of cooking to heat up the kitchen. This is now a permanent addition to my keeper file!