Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From BHG Big Book of 30 Minute Dinners.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 peeled baby carrots
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered and cut into 2-inch wide pieces
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups quick-cooking couscous
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- In a big saucepan, cook the onions and garlic in hot oil for about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add in chicken and carrots; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes; stir frequently.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chicken broth, zucchini, raisins, curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt; cover and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is not pink and veggies are crisp-tender.
- In another saucepan, mix together the remaining chicken broth and cinnamon; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the couscous; cover.
- Remove pan from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork.
- On individual plates, serve couscous with chicken and veggie mixture on top.
- Garnish with toasted almonds.