Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1133.98 g sweet potatoes or 1133.98 g yams, peeled
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- canola oil
- Loosely grate potatoes in food processor and place in mixing bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix in eggs.
- Cover and refrigerate (up to 4 hours) until time to fry.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat enough oil to cover bottom of the pan.
- Spoon out the batter into pan, being careful not to crowd.
- Cook until crisp and brown on one side, then turn and fry on other side.
- Keep finished pancakes warm in oven until all pancakes are fried.
- Drain on paper towels.
Very delicious. I love having another way to make sweet potatoes that is so fast and easy. As I was making these, I just couldn't resist putting in some finely chopped pecans and it turned out to be a good choice. This recipe makes enough latkes for several families, so I only made 1/3 of the original recipe and it worked just fine. Love these latkes, Mirj.
I used organic sweet potatoes and they were tasty with warmed organic apple sauce and some ate with organic unhomoginised yogurt. I cooked them in organic extra virgin olive oil rather than gmo.
The flavour of these is awesome! My potatoes were a bit too finely grated so they turned out extremely fragile and we had a lot of crumbs instead of proper pancakes, but the taste was soo good!! I'll make them again soon for sure, they were a huge hit in our house. Thanks for sharing!
Made for African Tag Game / African Forum