Hungarian Potato Pancakes
photo by Chef Gorete
- Ready In:
- 6 medium potatoes, shredded (approx. 5 cups)
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Shred the raw potatoes into a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until thick and lemon coloured. Blend the potatoes, flour salt and oil into the eggs and mix until combined. Heat a lightly oiled frying pan then drop batter by spoonfuls onto the hot pan, flattening the batter (batter will be thick) to even out the pancake. Cook, turning once until golden brown.
- Note: If you spray the shredder with non-sticking cooking spray prior to shredding the potatoes, they will not stick.
- Delicious served with creamed spinach.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in the Azores in Portugal, but have lived in Canada for the majority of my life. Baking is my passion, so I'm always looking for some easy and great tasting recipes....this site is perfect for it.