Recipe by byZula
A zesty spice rub of coriander, cumin, cinnamon, and thyme enhances the caramelized crust that forms when the steak is pan-seared. From Good Housekeeping's Best Recipes 2004.
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb beef flank steak
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine all ingredients except steak and oil. Rub spice mixture on both sides of steak. If you like, place steak on plate; let stand at room temperature 15 minutes Meanwhile, in nonstick 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add steak to skillet and cook 14-16 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness, turning steak over once.
- Transfer steak to cutting board.
- To serve, thinly slice steak diagonally against the grain.