Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a comfort food with a small amount of vegetable added.
Make and share this Noodles With Sour Cream & Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces curly wide egg noodles
- salt, to taste
- cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream (8oz)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup creamy cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground coarse black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 ounces fresh spinach, stems removed or
- 4 ounces frozen spinach, chopped, thawed & drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook the noodles in salted water according to pkg directions.
- Spray 5(1 cup) ramekins or casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Fill a pan slightly bigger than the ramekins or casserole dish with very hot tap water and place in oven as it preheats.
- When the noodles cook, whisk the eggs, then whisk in the sour cream, then stir in the 2 cheeses, salt, black pepepr, onion powder, garlic powder, dry mustard, and nutmeg.
- Drain the noodles and return them to the hot pan.
- Stir in the spinach, stirring gently to let the hot noodles slightly cook spinach, a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the egg mxiture.
- Transfer to the ramekins/casserole dish.
- Place the ramekins/casserole in the water-filled container in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes for the ramekins or about 50-60 minutes for the casserole dish.