1 hr 10 mins
Burgundy Damsel's Note:
From Williams Sonoma. 2 hour cook time is standing time for noodles to absorb seasoning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 lb thin Chinese egg noodles
- 12 green onions, white and pale green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1In a small frying pan over medium heat, warm the peanut oil. Add the red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until the oil turns slightly red and the pepper flakes are fragrant. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring until fragrant and slightly soft, about 1 minute Remove from heat. In a small bowl whisk together the sesame oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and sugar. Whisk in the ginger mixture. Season with salt.
- 2Bring a large pot three-fourths full of water to a boil. Add the salt and the noodles, stir well, and cook until al dente, 2-3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water until cold. Drain thoroughly, then transfer to a large bowl.
- 3Add the sauce and toss to coat noodles. Add the green onions, reserving about 2 tbsp for garnish. Toss to mix. Cover and let stand at room temperature, 1-2 hours, tossing occasionally so the noodles absorb seasonings evenly.
- 4Just before serving, in a small dry frying pan over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds until fragrant and lightly colored, about 5 minute Pour on to a plate to cool. Add seeds and cilantro to noodles. Transfer to a large platter. Garnish with reserved seeds and cilantro and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Noodles With Ginger- Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.2
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 95.7 mg
- Sodium 4025.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 18.9 g