1/1 Photo of Noodles in Soup
This is from a book called Chicken and I thought it would be perfect for our Zaar tour 4. Add more stock if you prefer a thinner soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken
- 4 chinese dried mushrooms, soaked
- 4 ounces bamboo shoots, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces spinach, shredded
- 2 spring onions, finely shredded
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chinese rice wine or 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 3 drops sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili oil (optional)
- 1Cut the chicken into thin shreds.
- 2Squeeze dry the soaked mushrooms and discard the hard stalk.
- 3Thinly shred the mushrooms, spinach , bamboo shoots and spring onions.
- 4Cook the noodles in boiling water ,drain and rinse under cold water.Set aside.
- 5Bring the stock to a boil add 1 tbsp soy sauce and pour over noodles.Keep warm.
- 6Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan or wok,
- 7Add 1/2 of the spring onions add the chicken and the vegetables to the hot oil.
- 8Stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- 9Add all the seasonings and blend well.
- 10Pour the mixture over the warm noodles and put the remaining spring onions as a garnish and serve imediately.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Noodles in Soup
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.3
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 84.6 mg
- Sodium 1330.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 27.2 g