This is from a book called Chicken and I thought it would be perfect for our Zaar tour 4. Add more stock if you prefer a thinner soup.
- 8 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken
- 4 chinese dried mushrooms, soaked
- 4 ounces bamboo shoots, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces spinach, shredded
- 2 spring onions, finely shredded
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chinese rice wine or 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 3 drops sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili oil (optional)
- Cut the chicken into thin shreds.
- Squeeze dry the soaked mushrooms and discard the hard stalk.
- Thinly shred the mushrooms, spinach , bamboo shoots and spring onions.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water ,drain and rinse under cold water.Set aside.
- Bring the stock to a boil add 1 tbsp soy sauce and pour over noodles.Keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan or wok,
- Add 1/2 of the spring onions add the chicken and the vegetables to the hot oil.
- Stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add all the seasonings and blend well.
- Pour the mixture over the warm noodles and put the remaining spring onions as a garnish and serve imediately.