Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I created this for my kids. It's very quick to make and they love it. You can use any flavoured 2 minute noodles although I have only ever used chicken. The cheese can be optional, I have made this without cheese. My husband loves to add mushrooms, tomatoes & onions to this for himself but the kids don't like that. I make this often on those nights when I don't have much time & I usually serve it with sausages & hash browns or salad.
- 1 (85 g) packet Maggi 2-minute noodles (cooked using instructions on the packet)
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated
- salt & pepper
- Lightly beat eggs. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Drain cooked noodles & add to eggs. Mix with a fork.
- Add cheese & mix with fork.
- Heat frying pan & add a little butter. (you can use spray oil if you like).
- Pour in egg & noodle mixture ensuring the noodles are spread evenly within the mixture.
- Cook until both sides are slightly browned (I flip it with a spatula).
Made this for an easy Saturday night meal to have with sauted mushrooms & tomatoes. Made as listed except for cooking top in oven instead of flipping. I will be taking this recipe away on holiday to impress my relatives LOL :) A real keeper for me :)
we had some noodles sent over from nz, and we had so many that they needed to be used up,(about 20 packets). so i saw this recipe and fed it to mummy and daddy (as i have a wheat intolerance, sadly i could not try it) but it smelt delicious and we added the sachet as suggested. thanks for posting, miss pixie x x x :)
This is exactally how Dave cooks his omelette. Once every couple of weeks we have a big clean out of the fridge using this as a base recipe and throwing in whatever needs using up as an extra. I always include the flavour sachet in the omelette as well as some curry powder and love to top with tomatoe. Rather than flipping we usually cook ours on the stove top and then move over to under the grill (broiler) doing this a couple of time until cooked through. Thanks for posting Adele - this is yummy and a family favourite :)