1 hr 15 mins
After reading a lot of different recipes, I "stole" what I liked from each one and came up with this. I'm not a kugel expert, but this recipe has worked for me on several occasions. The marmalade was used simply because I happened to have a jar of it handy, and it went well with the cinnamon. If you aren't as sugar-crazy as I am, by all means eliminate or reduce the amount of sugar (or, use unsweetened marmalade). This is a great dessert or side-dish for a crowd of people! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the kugel
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups low-fat sour cream
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled &,chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
For the topping
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Bring a pot of water to boil, then add the egg noodles.
- 3Allow them to boil for about 5 minutes, or until*just* al-dente.
- 4(Noodles will continue cooking while in the oven.) Drain noodles.
- 5Return noodles to (now empty) pot.
- 6Add marmalade to noodles.
- 7(The hot noodles should melt the marmalade& make it easy to mix)-- Mix well.
- 8Whisk sour cream, eggs, cottage cheese, cinnamon, and sugar together in a bowl.
- 9When mixture is smooth, add fruit and stir.
- 10Pour egg mixture over noodles.
- 11Mix well.
- 12Spray a 9 x 12 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 13Pour kugel mixture into casserole.
- 14Mix topping ingredients together, and sprinkle over kugel.
- 15Bake at 350* for 1 hour, or until the top has become crispy.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Noodle Kugel with Orange Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.9
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 265.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 45.0 g
- Protein 15.6 g