Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love the batter. Though this is a little time consuming but guests would enjoy this hot. So prepare the batter in advance.
For Meat Mixture
- 350 g minced meat
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 garam masala
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 liters water
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped tiny
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped (or grated)
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves, chopped (optional)
- Boil all the ingredients of the meat mixture either in a pressure cooker / microwave / regular boiling till the meat is cooked well. Once boiled, take aside and drain out the water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a frying pan heat oil on medium flame and sauté the onions till translucent. Add the ginger and garlic and sauté for about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Mix it well with the hand or spoon till all the potato is mashed well and you get a good batter. You may also add coriander leaves in this mixture if desired.
- Check the salt content if required you can add some more.
- You can chill this mixture till required for frying.
- Frying Process:.
- Once ready to fry have the following ingredients ready in seperate bowls - 2 eggs beaten, 1 cup bread crumbs and 1/1 cup corn flour.
- In the frying pan add 3 tbsp of oil.
- Spoon one heaped tbsp of batter and make to a ball. Flatten the ball in your palm to about 1 cm.
- Dip it into the beaten egg.
- Dip it and coat it with the breadcrumbs.
- Dip it a little in the corn flour.
- Place on frying pan and cook till both the sides appear a nice golden dark brown.
- You can eat this with ketchup or plain.