Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For busy folks, this crockpot Mexican dish is perfect.It can simmer all day and dinner is done when you get home! I usually serve this with a side guacamole dressed salad. Originally from "Coronado's Favorite Trail Mix" a Tucson, Arizona cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- salt and pepper
- 8 corn tortillas, cut into six wedges
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated (I use 2 % to cut down on fat)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) canschili seasoned beans (I use Ranch Style)
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 (4 -7 ounce) can diced green chilies, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Brown beef, garlic and onion and season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomato sauce, chilis and spices and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put 2 tortillas, cut in wedges, in the bottom of a crockpot.
- Add 1/4 of the beef mixture and cheese.
- Add 2 more tortillas and top with 1/4 of the beans, cheese, corn, and olives.
- Repeat layering until all ingredients are in pot, ending with some cheese and olives on top.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours.