Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy homemade pecan logs--make a great gift.
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels (Kraft recommended)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- chopped pecans
- Mix sugar, marshmallow cream, and vanilla together.
- Shape into logs and freeze.
- Melt margarine and caramel. Dip logs in caramel mix and quickly roll in pecans.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
- These can be made ahead and frozen.
- To make a pretty gift, use colored plastic wrap and tie ends with ribbon.
Momma? Is that you? :-) Mmmm this is my Momma's recipe. She made them every Christmas. They are WONDERFUL!!
My SIL made this. It was great. She made it in quarter-size logs about 4" long. Wonder if you can freeze them after dipping in the caramel then dip a second time and get a thicker caramel coating... hmmmmm....