Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another great recipe from my ex-MIL. I love this recipe because I always have these ingredients on hand. I know the recipe calls for cornflakes, but any unsweetened cereal will do. Nice krispie cookie. Cook time is per cookie sheet. This recipe yields 10-12 doz, so you will be cooking cookies for a couple of hours.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg, oil and vanilla.
- Sift flour, soda, and salt and mix into cream mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Form into balls (size of walnut).
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with fork.
- Bake@ 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
I've followed the recipe and made these time & time again. This time I added 1 tsp of cinnamon they were just as good...maybe even better! A sure crowd pleaser!
These are excellent! I made exactly as specified. Crispy & tasty - I like the nutty coconut flavor. Thanks for the post! ZWT 2007
The cookies were quite good, but the dough was very dry and hard to work with. It kept falling apart.