Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
I ound this recipe in a really old cookbook that belongs to my mother. It sounds SOOO good,and easy.But,I have no idea what a #303 can is! I am hoping someone will know,this pie really sounds great! 8)
Top Review by cokiethebaby
i thought this was tasty, i love sweetened condensed milk and i love blueberries,i used fresh blueberries,,i found out that #303 is old-time terminology referring to can size and oz. This was for 16-17 ounce can or 2 cups,,, http://homecooking.about.com/library/archive/blhelp7.htm,,,,,,,thanks for sharing this!
- 1 9 inch graham cracker pie crust
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can blueberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- whipped cream (unsweetened)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the berries,and save the juice.
- Put the condensed milk and lemon juice in a electic mixer,beating until thick.
- Add the salt,and fold in the berries.
- Blend well.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust.
- Refridgerate for about 2 hours.
- Boil blueberry juice down to a syrup and let chill.
- Before serving,cover pie with whipped cream,and drizzle berry juice on top!