Recipe by tiffin
Easy recipe that goes well with Turkey. You can use 2 tablespoons of sage instead of rosemary. (Dressing may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature before baking.)
- 4 1⁄2 cups crusty country bread, torn bite-size pieces (about 1/2 pound)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped (Hog Wild brand or good quality apple smoked bacon)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 onions, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups turkey broth (or chicken broth)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F and butter a 3-quart baking dish.
- On a baking sheet, toast bread, stirring occasionally, until pale golden, about 20 minutes. Place bread in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp and transfer with a slotted spoon to bread.
- To fat in skillet add butter, onions, celery, and rosemary and cook over medium low heat, until onion is translucent (about 7 minutes). Add mixture to bread.
- Stir in parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer dressing to baking dish.
- Drizzle dressing with stock and bake, covered, in oven 1 hour. Uncover dressing and bake 30 minutes more. (Dressing may be baked with turkey.).