Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Very good for a cold day and easy to make! You can put it in the oven, and almost forget about it, while you do other chores.
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut into cubes
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Put ingredients into a 2 1/2 qt casserole dish and cover.
- Bake at 300 for 2-3 hours.
- DO NOT PEEK!
- Serve over fluffy rice or noodles.
This is one of my kids' all time favorite recipes, served over egg noodles. I've been making it for years. I usually use Sprite or 7-Up in place of the water. It also cooks well in the crockpot.
This was pretty good, but it needed more sauce. I would have rated it a 4, but I really liked it otherwise, so I am chalking it up to personal preferences and keeping the good rating for this recipe. Will make again. Will try Alisa Lea's suggestion of Sprite or 7-Up in place of the water as I think it would make the meat more tender. Thanks for the recipe!!