Recipe by shelbyrose
This is a nice change from the usual summertime pasta salads. It's also versatile in that you can substitute spinach for the lettuce and pepperoni in place of the salami.
- 6 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 8 ounces hard salami, julienned
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, julienned
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the lettuce on a large serving platter.
- Arrange the salami, cheeses, tomatoes and olives over top.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- In a blender, combine the tomato sauce, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, oregano, garlic powder and pepper.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Drizzle over salad.