Recipe by ugogirl
This is a quick to fix, thick, no oil salad dressing for calorie counters or anyone who likes a freshly made dressing for their salads. It's best if made with really fresh, home-grown or farmer's market tomatoes for maximum flavor at only 10 calories per tablespoon.
Top Review by Ms B.
While the intro to the recipe does say this is a thick salad dressing, I just couldn't quite like the texture. It had a good flavor and was interesting over tossed baby greens, but just not our choice for a salad dressing.
- 1 large fresh tomato, cut up
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sugar or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry basil (or use fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper