Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My neighbor Steve and his girl were experimenting with a baked chicken recipe and came up a little gem I think. It creates for a really moist chicken without using a brine but with almost the same results. Hope you enjoy it much as we did. If you eat legs and wings with your fingers...have some napkins handy. *s*
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 whole chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first 3 ingredients in sauce pan.
- Heat until butter melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in orange juice.
- Place water in baking dish before the chicken.
- Place chicken in baking dish and pour sauce slowly over entire chicken.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes basting chicken 3 times during the first hour.
- Chicken may be stuffed if desired.
I was snooping around Zaar looking for a different way to fix chicken. Ran across your recipe, and gave it a try. WOW! Talk about easy and tasty, this dish is it. The meat is so tender and moist, and we really liked the flavor of the sauce. I did use fresh lemon juice, but added orange zest to it...gave the chicken a nice added zing! Thanks a bunch for sharing, Chuck. You posted a real winner. Laudee
This made a delicious moist and juicy chicken. I added some salt and pepper after I poured on the sauce. Thanks for sharing this one because I don't always have time to brine a chicken before baking.
zoyie. Oh what a great recipe. I hate dried out white meat, this was really great and know doubt will be making this again thank you