Recipe by Doreen_2
An easy and quick meatloaf that uses ingredients that you'll most likely already have on hand.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 2⁄3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon seasoning salt
For tomato gravy topping
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a big bowl, combine all the meatloaf ingredients together and mix well, but not working the meat too much.
- Shape meat as desired in a lightly oiled oven loaf pan or baking dish uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.
- In another bowl mix all the ingredients for the tomato gravy and set aside until meat is almost done.
- A few minutes befor your'e ready to take the meat out of the oven, spoon the tomato gravy over the meatloaf and bake for a few minutes. This meal goes great with mashed potatoes and buttered carrots.