- 2 1⁄4 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, depending on taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Process potatoes in juicer: strain through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Let juice stand 2 hours to collect starch at bottom of container.
- Pour juice into saucepan, being careful to leave starch behind in cont ainer.
- Simmer juice until thickened.
- It will have reduced down to about 1 cup.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Let stand 5 minutes; strain.