Recipe by Dancer^
This sauce is so good it disappears quickly. It is delectable as a dessert topping over ice cream, sponge cake, or fresh pears, and is superb as the base for chocolate drinks.
Top Review by nomnom
I made this for a glaze on top of my profiteroles (cream puffs) - which I'll post shortly. I cut the recipe in half and used coffee. It was delish. I DID add another tsp of cornstarch to make it less runny so it would stay on the puffs. It's more like a really mean hot chocolate in the origional recipe. It you really want a sauce, double the cornstarch. But I guess thickness of sauces is a matter of opinion and taste ;)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 cups cold water or 2 cups strong coffee
- artificial sweetener (equivalent 8 tsps sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornstarch and cocoa.
- Whisk into cold water in a saucepan until there are no dry bits.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir 1 minute until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat, stir in sweetener and vanilla, cover and allow to cool.
- Store in clean jar in refrigerator up to 6 weeks.
- Variation: Mocha Sauce: Substitute 2 cups strong coffee for water.