Recipe by Claire Collins
My husband and my sons just love these meat pies. It was my husband that showed me how to make this pie crust. And I hope you enjoy them!!!
- 5 cups white flour
- 1 egg
- 1 lb Crisco or 1 lb tenderflake shortening
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 can Canada Dry ginger ale
- 5 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 large onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pie Crust: Mix ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix well by hand.
- Roll out on a floured surface.
- Meat: Mix together meat, onion, salt and savory.
- Cook for about 1-1 1/2 hours or until meat is well cooked, cool meat, place in lined pie plates, then place pie crust over meat and seal well.
- Bake at 350 F for about 30 to 40 minutes.