Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This pastry recipe of my mother's just will NOT fail. It freezes well too.
Make and share this No-Fail Pastry recipe from Food.com.
- Cut lard into 4 cups of flour.
- The secret to making great pastry is to cut the lard in very fine, until it looks like pea meal. Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients and flour.
- In a glass measuring cup, beat egg and vinegar well. Add water to one cup mark.
- Pour into a well in dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Form into patties, and roll out as for pie dough.
- Use in pie recipes as normal.