This pastry recipe of my mother's just will NOT fail. It freezes well too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut lard into 4 cups of flour.
- 2The secret to making great pastry is to cut the lard in very fine, until it looks like pea meal. Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients and flour.
- 3In a glass measuring cup, beat egg and vinegar well. Add water to one cup mark.
- 4Pour into a well in dry ingredients.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Form into patties, and roll out as for pie dough.
- 7Use in pie recipes as normal.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Fail Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (1475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1348.4
- Calories from Fat 840
- Total Fat 93.3 g
- Saturated Fat 36.2 g
- Cholesterol 128.7 mg
- Sodium 1630.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 15.4 g