Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend, I haven't tried it yet.
- 1 pint marshmallow creme
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 pinch salt
- Put Marshmallow creme into a large bowl.
- Combine sugar, water and salt in a boiler.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar mixture reaches soft ball stage, (whenever dropped into cold water).
- Pour over marshmallow creme, stir with a spoon until mixture starts to thicken, add vanilla and nuts.
- Continue to stir until mixture can be dropped with a spoon onto waxed paper.
I have used this recipe for 35 years. It was given to me by a chef. It is the best divinity I have ever eaten. Hint: Never fail divinity should not be made on a humid day.