Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 hrs
This stew tastes like you've been slaving and it's the easiest recipe ever! I usually throw everything in the crock pot right before I go to bed.
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut up
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 -2 lb stewing beef or 1 -2 lb cut up beef roast
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- Layer vegetables in the crock pot as listed above, then add beef.
- Mix the soups and water together and pour over all.
- Put crock pot on low.
- Cook all night and the next evening your beef stew will be ready.
- Be sure and check in the morning to see if a little water needs to be added.
Good and easy to put together.
This stew was perfect! I also used the copycat lipton soup but did everything else exactly as written. I cooked it overnight on low. This is a keeper! Thanks for posting.
Fantastic! Tasted exactly like my grandmother's "real" beef stew! My husband liked it, too. I used frozen stew vegetables instead of fresh, and Copycat Lipton Onion Soup Mix for the onion soup mix. I added an extra can of water (I think my crock pot lid doesn't sit perfectly flat) and after 9 hours on low it was amazing.