Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
People barbecue early in the spring and late in the fall, and some all through the winter!! But it's not until the truly nice weather hits that we fashion entire meals based on this easy, carefree form of cooking - Some get tired of always having hamburgers, here is a fantastic tasting chicken burger that is so delicious, yummy!!
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 2 cloves, garkic finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, grated
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest and juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- flour (for dredging)
- artisan bread, such as granary bread
- olive oil
- 1 leaf lettuce and tomatoes
- blue cheese (to garnish)
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken, garlic, onion, parsley, blue cheese, poultry seasoning, lemon juice, and zest, salt and pepper. Form into 4 oval shaped patties.
- Dredge in flour to prevent juices from escaping. Grill over medium heat, until internal temperature reaches 160°F Remove burgers from grill.
- Slice bread thickly. Brush both sides, weith olive oil, and place on grill until golden brown; turn repeat.
- Transfer bread to plate. Add burger, top with lettuce and tomato, and garnish with a pat of blue cheese. Goes well with dilled potato salad and asparagus.