Recipe by TheDancingCook
Tastes like a pizza, cuts like a pizza, yet there is no dough....though do have a fork and knife on hand for eating purposes because it can get a little messy if eaten with hands only. I am a South Beach dieter with a love for Italian foods and this is what curbs my craving for pizza. I love mine with the turkey pepperoni slices, onion, green peppers and mushroom. Serve with a tossed salad or marinated veggies.
Top Review by snuqueen
This was great! I cooked in a pie plate. I sprinkled parmesan cheese under the meat to keep it together. I also cooked onion and garlic with the meat. Even my picky eater loved it!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup low-sugar pizza sauce (I use Ragu)
- diced Canadian bacon
- low-fat pepperoni
- turkey pepperoni (optional)
- green pepper
- tomatoes (optional)
- your favorite pizza seasoning, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef; drain.
- Place meat in a mixing bowl and mix with 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Spread the mixture into a circle on a round pizza pan or baking stone (I prefer the stone); and top with 1/2 cup pizza sauce.
- Top with the rest of the mozzarella, optional toppings and seasonings.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.