Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe I got from my mother; where she got it from who knows!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In bowl, beat together eggs, milk, onions, butter, salt, and pepper until well-blended.
- Pour into greased pie plate or 10.5" au gratin dish.
- Sprinkle with bacon and cheese evenly over top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until set and golden brown.
Men do cook and eat Quiche ;) WOW!!!! This is so fluffy and full of flavor, great addition to my breakfast cookbook. Made as written with a couple of tweaks. I sauteed the onions in the 2 tablespoons of butter, just until tender and let cool a little before adding to the egg mixture. I also mixed half of the cheese into the egg mix.Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe. *Made for New Kids On The Block tag game*
Great recipe I added more cheese and bacon. Easy to make
Made this with my 8 and 10 year old tody. We chopped some steamed broccoli and added that too! Thanks for sharing your Mom's good stuff!