Recipe by MNLisaB
Low carb appetizer that can be served hot or cold, an alternative to the artichoke dip recipe that's so popular. I have not tried this yet, this was adapted from our local paper, but I just might make it for our Thanksgiving appetizer.
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry or 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram or 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In medium non stick skillet over medium heat, heat sherry or apple juice, add onion and garlic.
- Cook until soft, but not brown,stirring frequently for about 3 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into medium bowl, and add all the other ingredients,and mix well.
- Pour batter into a lightly oiled 8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake in 350* oven for 30 minutes, or until set and lightly browned.
- To serve, cut into squares.
- Can be served hot or cold.