Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very easy to make and delicious pizza and pasta sauce and because it is a no cook sauce prep time is minimal. I use this on everything from pizza to lasagna. Enjoy
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons fresh parmesan cheese or 4 teaspoons canned parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and whisk them together.
- Let this sit at room temperature for one hour for the flavors to blend together.
- Refrigerate when finished or make a larger batch and freeze it for another time.
I used this both with spaghetti and on pizza. It did it's job as a basic Italian tomato sauce, similar to what you'd buy in a jar. Because I had them on hand, I used fresh basil, oregano, and parmesan. I omitted the marjoram. I only had diced tomatoes--my husband said he would have preferred crushed, especially on the pizza, but I thought the diced worked well with the pasta.