This will put any store-bought salsa to shame lol! This is a must using just-picked garden tomatoes and it is a fat-free recipe! Plan ahead this must be refrigerated a minimum of 8 hours even better 24 hours to blend flavors, don't even think about serving this before the chilling time! The tomatoes must be ripe and red for this and will need to be drained for a couple of hours over a strainer before using for this recipe. If you prefer a milder salsa then omit the jalapeno pepper. This complete recipe may be doubled. Don't omit the cilantro it is what makes the salsa! If desired you may use canned Mexican diced tomatoes drained in place of the fresh tomatoes, but the fresh is much better! Prep time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large plum tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 6 green onions, chopped (or use 1 small white onion, chopped)
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper (seeded and chopped) (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 -4 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (or use 1 teaspoon garlic powder, the fresh is better!)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (do not use bottled)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon white salt (or to taste)
- Tabasco sauce (to taste, or use hot sauce to taste)
- 1 pinch sugar (optional)
- 1Place the chopped seeded tomatoes over a strainer and allow to drain for 1-2 hours (or up to 24 hours).
- 2Place the tomatoes, onions, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper (if using) and cilantro in a processor; pulse until desired consistency.
- 3Place into a glass bowl then add in all remaining ingredients; mix to combine and season with salt and Tabasco to taste and add in a small amount of sugar if desired.
- 4If desired you may add in the variations of you choice.
- 5Refrigerate for a minimum of 8-24 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Cook Fresh Tomato Salsa (Fat-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 13.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 120.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 0.6 g