Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Creamy and rich! I'm not sure on the yield - it depends on how big you cut the pieces.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 dash salt
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over hot water.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar gradually, creaming well.
- Add melted chocolate; blend.
- Add vanilla, salt and nuts; mix well.
- Press into a buttered 9x13" pan or line pan with waxed paper.
- Chill in refrigerator until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Cut into pieces.
This sounds like a recipe I made in grade 6 (1971). We made it from a recipe in a textbook, at that time you could purchase pre-melted chocolate, so there was no need for a stove. It was the best fudge ever. I am going to run out and buy the cream cheese & try it tonight! Thank you for the submission!! :)