Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
So simple and delicious! Great for camping, picnics, or just a quick snack.
- 1 1⁄2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 cups Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
- 1 cup peanuts (optional)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Combine peanut butter, honey, and sugar in a microwaveable bowl.
- Zap for 2-3 minutes (stirring every minute) or until sugar is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour melted mixture over cereal and peanuts in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Spread into a greased, foil-lined 13x9" pan.
- Pour melted chocolate over cereal mix and spread out with a spatula.
- Let stand or refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Cut into bars.
I believe in commando baking, where I go through my cabinets to find what I have and use it up instead of buying ingredients for a specific recipe. So when I realized I needed something for the kids' lunches, I went looking to use up the 3 cups of generic "Honey Bunches of Oats" that no one seemed to like. This recipe worked out perfectly. I used crunchy peanut butter because it's all we keep in the house and left out the peanuts. I also just threw some chocolate chips in a bowl and melted them so I'm not sure how much was there. This recipe was quick and easy and very tasty. I cut them into squares, put them into small bags, and put them all in the freezer for lunches and snacks. Thanks so much!
By AllisonJ for Newest Zaar Tag due 4/4/08, made 3/30 Super simple and easy with ingredients regularly on hand. I made 2 separate batches, 1 with nuts and 1 without. Both are scrumptious. I can see this being a regular for camping weekends. I love the no fuss, no muss of it all. This is a timesaver and heat saver for any time of year. WOW! Thank you.