Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasty cookie with no baking involved.
Make and share this No Bake Date Balls recipe from Food.com.
- Melt margarine in large pot (4 quart or larger).
- Add sugar, egg, and dates.
- Stir constantly over low to medium heat.
- Cook approximately 5 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat. Add chopped nuts and rice cereal.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls; then roll in coconut.
Easy to make and just as tasty as I remember them. These were always part of our cookie assortment at Christmas time. I used real butter--can't imagine Christmas cookies with margarine. Thanks!