Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasty cookie with no baking involved.
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) package pitted dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- Melt margarine in large pot (4 quart or larger).
- Add sugar, egg, and dates.
- Stir constantly over low to medium heat.
- Cook approximately 5 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat. Add chopped nuts and rice cereal.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls; then roll in coconut.
Easy to make and just as tasty as I remember them. These were always part of our cookie assortment at Christmas time. I used real butter--can't imagine Christmas cookies with margarine. Thanks!