Recipe by Colby's Mom
Layers of fruit, creamy mousse and sweet whipped cream all stack up into one extraordinary dessert that "bakes" in your refrigerator.
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 2 cups cranberries
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 3 3⁄4 cups unflavored gelatin, from 2 pkgs.
- 3 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- pink and silver dragees, to garnish (optional)
- sugared cranberries, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In pot over high heat combine cranberries, raspberries, 1 3/4 cup sugar and 1 cup water.
- Bring to boil.
- Cook until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly.
- In blender, puree until smooth; strain and discard solids.
- Transfer to bowl.
- In microwave-safe bowl mix juice and gelatin; let stand 5 minutes.
- Microwave on high until dissolved, 15 seconds.
- Stir into cranberry mixture.
- Fill larger bowl half-way with ice.
- Set bowl of cranberry mixture in ice-filled bowl; cool, stirring frequently, until room temperature, 10 minutes.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups cranberry mixture into crust; freeze 15 minutes.
- At high speed beat 1 1/2 cups cream until soft peaks form; gradually fold into remaining cranberry.
- Spread 2 cups whipped cream mixture over gelatin mixture in pie.
- Refrigerate pie and remaining filling 30 minutes.
- Mound remaining whipped cream mixture over pie.
- Refrigerate until set, 4 hours.
- At high speed beat remaining cream and sugar until stiff peaks form; if desired, transfer to pastry bag filtered with star tip.
- Pipe rosettes or spoon whipped cream over pie.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with dragees and cranberries just before serving, if desired.