Recipe by nitko
This is my own recipe, opening night was 15 years ago (I don’t remember what was the occasion), and since than this meal was always marked as excellent. I prepare it for special days: birthdays, promotions, as a gift, or just for fun. Anyone who reads this recipe can change fillings, no hard feelings Use imagination.
- 800 g boneless veal steaks
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mustard
- 50 g ham (Croatian pr ut)
- 10 g black olives
- 50 g goat cheese or 50 g sheep's milk cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups red wine (red if you want dark sauce, white = white sauce) or 2 cups white wine (red if you want dark sauce, white = white sauce)
- 3 g green peppercorns (green,berries)
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1⁄2 lemon (sliced in rounds)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Hit the veal steaks hard to make large thin steaks.
- Pour over each few drops of Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and mustard.
- Than put on each steak sliced ham (“pršut”), cheese, olive and thyme. Close the steaks and tide each with a thread like a parcel.
- Roll each stake in flour and fry them in a pan (use olive oil, but not too much).
- When steaks become brownish, pour wine and cook 10 minutes. Pour beef stock and add 2 lemon rounds.
- Cook about 30 min, or until meat is soft; than take out the meat, put 2 teaspoons of mustard in sauce, cook two more minutes, add cream and put back the meat. Cook two minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley leaves on it. I recommend cranberry jam with it.