Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this with our french toast this morning and it disappeared fast! You can use this on pancakes as well. I guess you could try it on ice cream, but it would have to cool down first because it is quite hot. Enjoy!
- 946.36 ml fresh strawberries, sliced
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml water (I used water) or 59.14 ml apple juice (I used water)
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Turn down heat and gently simmer for at least 10-15 minutes (while you are making your french toast, etc.).
- Let cool for a few minutes as it is very hot!
Great sauce, quick and easy! I made with water. Sauce stretches easily to more fruit (I used 800g chopped fresh strawberries, then mashed coarsely in the pot when cooked). If your strawberries are in season and super sweet you could reduce the sugar again.
Yummy sauce. I also used water. I used it on vanilla ice cream. But this weekend I'll try on top of pancakes or waffles. Thanks Nif :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT
This strawbwerry sauce is delicious. We loved the taste of the strawberries with brown sugar and vanilla over pancakes, as the other reviews suggested. Thanks for posting this good recipe, Nif. I tagged this recipe for THINK PINK RECIPE TAG EVENT - October 2011.