Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious and easy pasta dish that you can substitute chicken for the shrimp if you are not a fan. You can also use a different shape of pasta, but linguine is nice. The optional ingredients are really good but you can omit if you can't stand a little heat. If I use all those ingredients, I find it a little hot, so I add about 1/2 cup half and half cream. I tried to keep it healthy here though! Enjoy!
- 1 lb linguine, cooked al dente
For the sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chili (optional)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons white wine
Additional sauce ingredients
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh is better
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in large nonstick pan and saute garlic and onion until soft.
- Add dried chili peppers and shrimp. Stir until shrimp is almost cooked. Add wine and pasta to pan. Toss.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Serve immediately.
Another 5 rating from me as well. Great flavor combo going on here. This was the first shrimp I've had in a long while and, boy, was it good. Made fro The Best of 2013 Tag.
Our sauce lovers desired a definite sauce, but this was rather dry. It wasn't very hot; by design we substituted crushed red pepper for dried chilie and omitted paprika (the first meal back at home for a mama with a new baby; she had begged for shrimp with garlic). This recipe is well-suited for Weight Watchers due to the small amount of fat. If it were me, next time I would add more red pepper flakes. The mama added Nif's Pasta and Shrimp as her sauce. The 19-mo.-old daughter happily gobbled up her pasta and shrimp. Made for Best of 2013 tag game.
Update: This dish just gets better and better. This time I made it even spicer, it was incredible, the shrimp tasted sweet with this lovely heat all around it. I highly recommend this tasty dish, try it you won't be disappointed.
What a great dish Nif. We really enjoyed this hot and spicy shrimp and pasta. Loved the way the pasta soaked up the flavors that the shrimp were cooked in. I used collosal shrimps for a memorable meal. I will be making this again. It was well worth the extra effort. I used all the optional ingredients for the sauce, it was spectacular. Thanks so much for sharing.