Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you have never had chicken and grapes together, I highly recommend it! Delicious and fresh tasting, healthy and easy. I got this recipe a while ago from the internet (don't remember where!) but I have modified it anyway. It's great over rice or pasta or on it's own with a side and veggies. This is 8 WW pts. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 (4 ounce) chicken breasts, cutlets
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1⁄4 shallot, thinly sliced or minced
- 1 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Place flour in a shallow bowl or plate. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour (reserve excess flour). Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until golden on the first side, 2 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, turn the chicken and cook until the other side is golden, 2 to 4 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan and heat over medium heat. Stir in shallots and cook until just starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add grapes and cook, stirring frequently, until just warm, only 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with 5 teaspoons of the reserved flour; stir to coat. Add wine or apple juice and broth; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally and scraping up any browned bits, until the sauce is reduced and thickened, about 8 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- Return the chicken to the pan, turning to coat with sauce, and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve with the sauce.
Made this ages ago.....It was GREAT. My big regret was not marking it off at the time. Finally found it again. Worth the effort.
Easy preparation and enjoyed. I made half the recipe. Since our local supermarket does not carry chicken cutlets, I had to improvise and slice 2 chicken breasts in half to achieve the cutlets. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)