Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe from Lady Flo Bjelke-Petersen. She is the wife of a famous QLD politian, and a very good cook!
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 125 g softened butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1 large orange, rind of
- Put sugar and milk into bowl and leave for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat for 6 minutes on high speed.
- Cook in a well greased 20cm cake tin in a moderate oven (180-200 degrees C) for 60minutes.
- Variation: sub 1 teaspoon vanilla for orange rind.